logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
Sniper Elite v2 "Failed to initialize D3D11"
TheRefleX
#1 Posted : Friday, May 11, 2012 7:48:08 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Hey Guys,

Probably you´ve heard about this already often but at me it´s a bit different i think.

The Game "Sniper Elite v2" works sometimes on my Computer somehow and i don´t get why i sometimes get that error "Failed to initialize D3D11".
Today it worked fine but 10 minutes ago the error appeared again.

My PC Specs:

6GB DDR3 @ 1333MhZ
Ati Radeon HD 5850(1024MB)

PS: The Game works mostely fine just sometimes is the error appearing,and then i cant play it anymore (for some hours i think).

I hope you guys are able to help me,
Your RefleX
SovS*li0sik
#2 Posted : Saturday, May 12, 2012 12:40:19 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 20 time(s) in 19 post(s)
TheRefleX
#3 Posted : Sunday, May 13, 2012 10:13:36 PM(UTC)

Its already installed....
lentWolf
#4 Posted : Monday, May 14, 2012 8:53:38 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Are you running the game as an Admin? You may not feel like Admin privileges should matter for the game, but Windows 7 is weird like that. Running as an admin can fix SO many problems on games in Win7.

You said DirectX was already installed - have you tried a full uninstall and re-install?
Talairina
#5 Posted : Wednesday, May 16, 2012 7:57:46 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 5 post(s)
TheRefleX wrote:
Hey Guys,

Probably you´ve heard about this already often but at me it´s a bit different i think.

The Game "Sniper Elite v2" works sometimes on my Computer somehow and i don´t get why i sometimes get that error "Failed to initialize D3D11".
Today it worked fine but 10 minutes ago the error appeared again.

My PC Specs:

6GB DDR3 @ 1333MhZ
Ati Radeon HD 5850(1024MB)

PS: The Game works mostely fine just sometimes is the error appearing,and then i cant play it anymore (for some hours i think).

I hope you guys are able to help me,
Your RefleX

Have you tried running the new ATi Drivers for your card? Also there are new Catalyst Profiles released that supports Sniper Elite V2 if you use the Catalyst Software along side the driver. Both can be found at ATi's Driver site here. Improved GPU performance is mentioned in the release notes for single GPU set-ups such as yours.

You can also try to reverify the game file's via Steam (Right Click Game -> Properties -> Local Files -> Verify Integrity of Game Cache) which will replace any damaged/missing files.

You've already tried the DirectX update route but have you tried to install the DirectX SDK as well? As it can sometimes help with DirectX related errors. You can find that here on the Microsoft website.

You've said the game sometimes works which seem like it's more like the GPU at fault then DirectX (It simply would or would not work if it was DirectX at fault).

It could also be a RAM issue if it's dropping file's whilst loading the game but you would of noticed this from general usage of your PC (Other game's having issues with loading, starting or even the machine itself giving off errors due to files dropping).

Best bet I'd say is, try the ATi driver I've linked above along side the Catalyst Profile update and give that shot. Let us know if you get more errors and we'll try to help as much as we can.
Kegaro
#6 Posted : Tuesday, June 05, 2012 12:28:19 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I should have posted my reply in this thread instead of the other one as this is obviously an issue. This is one of only two threads on your forum that has over 4,000 views. Obviously people are looking for a resolution to this issue.

Kegaro wrote:
I am having this same issue with the game. I have tried all the fixes listed and nothing has fixed this issue. I installed the game on Saturday and spent 2 1/2 hours trying to get the game to run using the aforementioned fixes. For sh*ts and giggles I launched the game on Sunday and miraculously it worked... having done absolutely nothing after giving up on it on Saturday. I played the game for almost 10 hours on Sunday without any issues, I even restarted it a few times just to make sure it would relaunch, which it did. Now today when I try to play the game I am getting the same damn D3D11.dll error yet again.

Yes, I have a DX11 card, GTX 470. Yes, I have enough memory, 6Gb. And obviously none of this really matters as I was able to play the game for 10 freaking hours, just yesterday. You guys really need to get your sh*t together and fix this ASAP instead of trying to push the issue onto the end user. This is the only game that I have this problem with, come to think of it, this is the only game I have EVER had this problem with.

I really do feel like I just took $50 and tossed it out the window never to see it again.
seV2notworking
#7 Posted : Tuesday, June 05, 2012 9:08:55 AM(UTC)

i'm having the same problem. after installing it, when I click on the desktop shortcut to start the game, an error dialog box pops-up and says:
==== Failed to Initialise D3D11 =====

these are my system specs, taken from the DirectX Diagnostic Tool:
Operating System: Windows Vista™ Home Premium (6.0, Build 6002) Service Pack 2 (6002.vistasp2_gdr.120402-0336)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: Dell Inc.
System Model: Inspiron 1525
BIOS: Phoenix ROM BIOS PLUS Version 1.10 A17
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU T5800 @ 2.00GHz (2 CPUs), ~2.0GHz
Memory: 3062MB RAM
Page File: 1712MB used, 4612MB available
Windows Dir: C:\Windows
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
DxDiag Version: 7.00.6002.18107 32bit Unicode

Display Devices

Card name: Mobile Intel(R) 965 Express Chipset Family
Manufacturer: Intel Corporation
Chip type: Mobile Intel(R) 965 Express Chipset Family
DAC type: Internal
Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2A02&SUBSYS_022F1028&REV_0C
Display Memory: 358 MB
Dedicated Memory: 0 MB
Shared Memory: 358 MB
Current Mode: 1280 x 800 (32 bit) (60Hz)
Monitor: Generic PnP Monitor
Driver Name: igdumd32.dll
Driver Version: 7.14.0010.1409 (English)
DDI Version: 9Ex

Finn
#8 Posted : Tuesday, June 05, 2012 6:45:33 PM(UTC)

That graphics chip isnt directX 10 capable, its directX 9. The min spec lists the game needs a directX 10 or 11 graphics card. Even if you somehow could get it working I very much doubt you would get a usable framerate out of it!
{RoC}THE-Nemesis
#9 Posted : Friday, July 20, 2012 8:09:42 PM(UTC)

Well ive been playing this game fine on my spec since May.
Since this latest patch came our ive been getting that same issue.
Im all up to date with drivers for win7 64 bit and graphics/sound.
Game won't work at all now!
p*ssed off with it.
rashid
#10 Posted : Tuesday, July 24, 2012 7:49:20 AM(UTC)

Hey guys

I have a same problem while i start the game failed to initialized d3d11 my system windows 7 service pack 2 2 gb ram, if anybody can solve my problem i m very thankful to him because i feel i waste my $50 so help me out guys

Rss Feed  Atom Feed